Welcome to the Republic of Macedonia

A look into my life and the culture of Skopje

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Greetings from Macedonia. I landed in Skopje only hours ago and have already realized the potential this city has. The temperatures are hot, the humidity is low and I'm dirty (I slept in an airport last night), but the country is beautiful and the waterfalls outside my window are very relaxing. I can tell this is going to be the beginning of a great summer.
Over the next 11 weeks, I will be working out of the US Embassy, Skopje, Macedonia. A real opportunity to see the inner workings of our State Department and to work hand in hand with the Macedonian people. I will work to post pictures, cultural perspectives and personal stories; all to portray to everyone back home the experience I am having here in the heart of the Balkans. Please leave comments and questions as these often lead to the best of postings! Thanks so much for reading, I look forward to sharing these next couple months with everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Jimmi,

    Glad to read that you arrived safely. Sorry about your sleeping experience in the airport. I look forward to your postings and photographs.

    ReplyDelete